AYYY I like this game
A downloadable game for Windows
NOTE: Chessplosion's online multiplayer functionality relies on Steamworks networking, so online multiplayer is only playable in the Steam version of the game. A Steam key for the game is included with your itch.io purchase.
Chessplosion is an arcade action puzzle game where you drop chess piece bombs to create chain reactions and trap opponents. Defeat enemies and bosses in Adventure Mode and the roguelike-inspired Dungeon Mode, break targets with limited bombs in Puzzle Mode, or fight friends and AI in Battle Mode.
- Defeat a variety of enemy types and boss fights in Adventure Mode, inspired by the movement patterns of chess pieces. Avoid charging Rooks, don't get shot by Bishops' diagonal projectiles, and watch out for stomping Knights.
- Venture into randomized dungeons in Dungeon Mode, defeating enemies and collecting money on your search for the Grandblaster Crown. A wide array of powerful upgrades and weapons mean that no two runs are the same!
- Solve over 140 puzzles in Puzzle Mode, by using limited bombs to cause a chain reaction and break the targets. Or use the Puzzle Editor to create your own puzzles and share them with friends!
- Dodge explosions in Survival Mode, where you're pitted against waves of tricky bomb patterns. It starts simple enough, but by the end you'll be dodging bullet hell Queen explosions and solving chess puzzles in real-time.
- Go head to head in Battle Mode, either fighting against the AI or against your friends in local or online multiplayer (with rollback netcode). If you want a change from the regular Free For All Battles or Team Battles, the Tennis Battle mode lets you throw bombs over the center line to create bomb patterns for your opponent to dodge.
|Updated||4 days ago|
|Release date||Sep 21, 2021|
|Made with||Aseprite, Sublime Text|
|Tags||Arcade, Bullet Hell, Chess, Difficult, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, Roguelike, Top-Down|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Configurable controls|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|
|Player count||1 - 4|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Quality of Life Update (v2775)4 days ago
- Spring Cleaning in June (v2767)Jun 22, 2022
- Dungeon Quality of Life Update (v2736)Apr 28, 2022
- Dungeon Update v2720Mar 29, 2022
- Dungeon Map Update (v2716)Mar 14, 2022
- Update v2713Mar 09, 2022
- Update v2712Mar 03, 2022
- Dungeon Balance Patch 2 (v2709)Feb 22, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
definitly looking forward to buying it when I can, but a little something that at least I think might be a good idea is a demo. I mean, this seems like it COULD be the kind of game that you buy and then end up not liking, plus also you wouldn't need to put much in said demo, probably a small chunk of the levels from the first world, just a little something I thought might be nice and may actually convice more people that "hey, I like this I'm gonna buy the real thing" or "hey, aparently I didn't like this and I'm glad I didn't waste my money on something I would've ended up not liking"
I hope you enjoy the game when you buy it! In the meantime, there's no demo on itch yet but there's a Download Demo button on the Steam store page https://store.steampowered.com/app/1571220/Chessplosion/
Looking forward to playing!
CONGRATS ON RELEASE!!! this game is so fun and cute, i wish it all the success. thanks for letting me test and stuff!!
Thank you so much for all of your help! The game would have been much worse without you!
Any plans for Linux support? Looks brill.
Thanks! It's something I'm interested in and I plan on looking into it, but I don't want to promise anything until I'm 100% sure that I have the time and means to do it.